2.2.10

Pourquoi les ebooks ne devraient contenir aucun DRM

7. A locked-in book is a less valuable book. Want to preserve the value of ebooks? Avoid proprietary formats. Readers should be able to buy their books from any retailer and read them on any device. Does anyone really believe they'll be reading on hardware from the same manufacturer thirty years from now? That's like saying "I will only store my books on these IKEA Billy shelves I bought as a college student. If I ever choose to buy non-IKEA shelves, I will throw out all of my books and start over." A reader should never have to worry about "leaving books behind" or "losing their library". If you can't download it and move it somewhere else, it's worth less. Seriously. They're books, not Atari 2600 video game cartridges.

No comments: