DEADLINE MARCH 1ST
The BlueCat Screenplay Competition has grown to become the screenwriter's screenplay contest, where support extends to all writers, whether you win cash or the sharpest analysis offered by any competition in the world. Our entrants are not simply a pile of half-read braded paper. They are a community rallying their identities as writers, stopping, listening and looking for their space to grow. This foundation, these screenwriters, takes BlueCat beyond the contest.
WHY ENTER BLUECAT?
- Every writer who enters BlueCat receives written analysis on their screenplay.
- Winner receives $10,000 and Finalists receive $1500, the largest cash prize for a screenplay contest that provides feedback to all writers
- Our 2005 Winner, GARY THE TENNIS COACH, starring Seann William Scott and directed by Danny Leiner, recently wrapped in Austin. Winning BlueCat writers Andy Stock and Rick Stempson signed with UTA
- Our 2006 Winner, Young Kim is in pre-production to direct his winning script, six months after being named winner of BlueCat
- One Finalist receives a live staged reading at the High Falls Film Festival, held at the George Eastman House in New York, all expenses paid
- Loglines of all Semi-Finalists and Finalists are featured on our site throughout the year
- Founded by award winning writer-director Gordy Hoffman
SUBMIT YOUR SCREENPLAY