Dear Book Oveners,
We just released some new improvements to the Book Oven for better performance, experience and usefulness.
And we've got a little experiment going with those of you crazy enough to be doing NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, writing a 50,000-word novel in the month of November.
If you're participating in NaNoWriMo, you can upload your chapters daily to Book Oven, launch Bite-Size Edits, and get great feedback on your writing. Tag your project as "nanowrimo," and it'll turn up in the NaNoWriMo Bite-Size pool. You can invite friends and colleagues to do Bite-Size Edits (without having to read the whole thing), or leave your project open to everyone in Book Oven to edit. Here's what Book Ovener Miette has to say about Bite-Size Edits and NaNoWriMo:
"You know, it's fascinating, running a text through BSE as it's being written. I'm finding that the immediate feedback really helps shape and reel-in subsequent chapters."
- Word 2007/2008 (.docx) upload/import functionality is working much better, including better support for lists and styles.
- You can now view an activity history relating to each of your most active projects on your Dashboard. You can also jump directly to any annotation or comment.
- We have given the Chapter view an extensive facelift -- many of you have requested a single-page view to allow vertical scrolling, so we've built one.
- However, if you loved the multi-page view, that preference is just a click away.
- You can tell other Book Oven users what kind of skillsets or roles you are looking for to work on your project, or what kind of skills you have to offer through your personal profile. On the flip side, you can also search for projects that are looking for certain roles, or people who have skillsets you might need.
(Tip: if you want your project to be seen by non-Book Oven users, in your project settings, allow your project to be viewable by "everyone". )
If you unearth a bug or have a better idea for how a certain feature can work, as always, drop us a note through our Feedback Forum, or send us an email: email@example.com.
Happy writing & editing!
Hugh, Steph & the Book Oven Team.
Pour les fous qui participent au NaNoWriMo
Message de @bookoven, aka @Hugh McGuire, qui permet aux gens qui participent au NaNoWriMo d'éditer leur roman en ligne sur le site de Book Oven:
publié par Christian Roy, aka Leroy